Skip to main content

Most Read Poem

THE GRAPHICS OF REALITY

THE GRAPHICS OF REALITY

Boxed up in my bed and going through another of those sleepless quarantined nights, I asked myself strange and newer questions, those kinda questions I’d never ask myself in a million years and I was left hanging by this one intriguing thought. What is reality?

The next morning was very odd, the thought had survived from last night and was eating crumbs of my brain, so I dumped my routine and put my research hat on to visit the all-knowing yogi of knowledge “google-baba”. Like any human, I could scroll through only a few from the  1,51,00,00,000 results. After a lot of reading my mouse pointer froze when one website described reality to be the opposite of anything imaginary, I left that website more confused than convinced. I slithered across multiple books only to understand that the conflict between reality and imagination imitates a board of chess, the difference being both the moves of black and white pawns are played by a single hand. The battle of whether something is real or imaginary is played between your ears, you could let any side of it win.

What I mean is, it’s all a part of what you believe in. The graphics of reality around you is the outcome of what your mind makes of it.

If you believe it to be true then it automatically becomes real to you like the cars you see which are real. Now consider this, Charlie Chaplin’s body after his death was stolen and held up for ransom. Would you believe it’s true?  Or is it too absurd to be real? Now your brain runs the conflict of whether it could be real or something made up!  The initial sense of anything to be real or unreal lies in the person’s belief.

 But is everything that we see and truly believe to be real, actually real? My curiosity to tackle last night’s thought pulled me into a black hole of more and more questions and here’s where it led me to, Albert Einstein Quotes “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one”. The irony is reality isn’t very real, it’s all programmed in our minds. The brain is master class at converting what we perceive into a simulation, a simulation so concert that it becomes our reality. Similar to constructing a building our brains lay multiple layers of information around us to make a valid sense of the environment. If there was something you couldn’t make sense of it would land up being unreal or fake. Ever seen those magic acts on fancy stages? A man dressed in a fine suite with some dancing assistants can make an elephant disappear into thin air with a live audience witnessing it. But that wouldn’t be real magic as at the back of your head you know there’s a dirty trick to it. Ultimately, our minds try to find a sense of how things happen, and when that sense is found it becomes real enough.  Hence, the reality of reality is that it’s just a clever sensible simulation.

So, what is reality?

It’s the very illusion of life we live in.

Comments

  1. This article connects to the individual reading it and makes them wonder about a lot of things. It's a revelation reading it! Proud of you��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel like my state of kind is put into words. Could connect to every word. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cigar between her lips

The cigar between her lips When her fingers with red nails, Places a cigarette between her lips, Why is she shameless and a bitch? When a man smokes, Cigar after cigar,  it's a just a boys thing! Then what stops the same to be a girl's thing? Why do you judge the cigarette between her lips? From the organ between her legs. She breathes the same air, And speaks the same words, And remember, She and he are just  genders. #judge a woman like you judge a man

TEENAGE-SPIRITUALITY

TEENAGE-SPIRITUALITY Would you call me crazy? If I’d say many teenagers or probably most of them are spiritual. No! I’m not talking about enlightenment or teen-yogis, but a very different kind of spirituality. Spirituality isn’t the fanciest among teenagers and the two words of my title Teenage and Spirituality is less found together and more often found away from each other. Typically, for one to find flavor in spirituality he/she must be aged, retired, or have a life-threatening issue with spirituality being the last place of help. This may be the common thought in the air but isn’t always the truth, people of all kinds, all ages, and even problem-free adopt spirituality. Simply because spirituality comes to find you. When the world believes spirituality is connecting to a higher self or finding peace within, the young adults define spirituality in their very own way. Pop music and its funky beats seem to be their mantra of peace. They journey along the groves and rhythm to

Falling in Love with Zara

  “SHIT!” I told myself, after missing the early bus and stranding myself in that godforsaken bus stop. The next bus was miles away, and I had to wait for an hour. No one ever came to the bus stop; it was always me, the gloomy sun, and the dusty bench. A shallow breeze carried some dust into my eye, and I rubbed furiously to fix my vision. Something felt canny that day, fewer cars passed by, the sunlit the sky with a strange shade of orange and the most remarkable thing happened! While I was sitting like an idiot, thrown my legs on top of each other and being a lazy sloth, and my hands scratching my head, I noticed a click-clack sound approaching towards me; I picked my head up to see what it was. Damn! It was Zara; her red heels kissed the concrete road producing the rhyme. Her skinny black jeans revealed her curves, a little baggy around her foot but perfectly stitched around the thighs. Like a fish on bait, my eyes were hooked to her hips, swinging side to side, mimicking a clock’